JOIN LOCAL COUNCILS THAT SUPPORT MARRIAGE EQUALITY
Scroll below the logos to see instructions on how to join our local council support campaign.
Not a local council but still want to help? Join 1150 organisations showing their support for marriage equality:
We are asking all Australian local councils to add their voice to the growing call for equal rights for all Australians. If your local council would like to join in then please use this page to email us:
- a scanned copy of the motion on your council’s letterhead
- your council’s logo
- the web address to which we should backlink your logo
See below for a model motion but feel free to make changes deemed appropriate to your council.
AN EXAMPLE MOTION
Feel free to use the example motion of support below, create your own original motion or even a mixture of the two.
Council resolves to:
- Publicly support marriage equality irrespective of sex or gender identity.
- Write to all Federal Members of Parliament and the Commonwealth Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission advising them of council’s support; and
- Write to all political parties with representation in the Federal Parliament encouraging them to prioritise debating changes to the Marriage Act and allow a conscience vote on marriage equality.